- Impact StartUp Sweden awarded Facil Clothing CEO and co-founder Elizabeth Gomez with their Honorary Price at the Demo Day pitch competition in Malmö, Sweden on September 8:th, 2020.
Among other things, the jury awarded Elizabeth and Facil for quickly adapting to the Corona crisis. During the spring of 2020 we switched our production in Gambia from underwear, tank tops and T-shirts to production of reusable cloth face masks for medical organisations and businesses in Gambia in order to help them in the fight against Covid-19.
In January 2020, Elizabeth was invited to join Impact StartUp accelerator program in Sweden and she's been working hard during the whole year leading up to the final event on September 8:th. We are very grateful to ImpactStartUp, all the coaches in the accelerator program and Samsung for making all this possible.
- Fashionomics Africa interviewed the founders of Facil Clothing - Elizabeth Gomez and Henrik Bergström - and published the interview in their blog and newsletter. Thank you Fashionomics!
- LAUNCH of Facil UK online store. Please visit at facilclothing.uk
- Facil helps MRC with the production of face masks in Gambia. In this video Sarah Dufie Sarpong(*) visits our production facility and talks about MRC's work and why they decided to support local companies instead of importing ❤️ The video also shows the production facility of Fandema Mbolo Association, MRC's other partner in this project. #MadeInGambia
Thank you MRC Unit The Gambia at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine - we are very grateful for this partnership and for being able to help Gambia in the fight against Corona and Covid
(*) Sarah is MRC's Head of Health, Safety and Environment. MRC are doing a lot of Covid-testing in Gambia as well as supporting the government in other ways.
- Strategy meeting with co-founders Henrik Bergström and Elizabeth Gomez and most of our team. These pictures are taken outside Facil's production facility in Gambia
- Facil is now available in two Atlas petrol station stores at Kotu and Kololi in Gambia! Big thanks to Atlas for supporting us by giving us an opportunity to sell our clothes in their stores! See our Where to Buy page and Facebook post for more information.
- Launch of our newest underwear collection in three new colours (light grey, blue, and red/brown). It's available online at facilclothing.com and in Gambia at Terangas (both online and in their physical store).
- Photoshoot for our newest collection done by Lena Nian Photography, featuring Meg Forster and Y-Dee as models.
- Launched the facilclothing.com online store
- Participated in Fashion Weekend Gambia 2018 (FWG). This is the second time we attend Gambia's biggest fashion event, this time showing our new bodycon dress and maxipants.
Part of the Facil team who made all the clothes shown at Fashion Weekend Gambia 2018.
- Participated in GCCI Trade Fair, representing the Made In Gambia initiative of the fair.
- Participated in Fashion Weekend Gambia 2017 (FWG). This is the first time we attend and we're the first underwear brand ever to do so.
- Sponsored Banjul City Run.
- Sponsored OpenMic music festival.
- First retail sales. Started selling our underwear at Silhouette Fashion Boutique and Top Shop Gambia.
- Started printing t-shirts with our own designs and customer custom designs.
- Skills training with an expert from the UK who visited us for one week to help training our staff to sew our t-shirts.
- Started production of 100% cotton t-shirts.
- First sales! After reaching our expected quality standards, we started selling high quality underwear directly from our production facility.
- Skills training with an expert from the UK visited us for two weeks to help our staff reaching even higher levels of proficiency and efficiency.
April 2017 - May 2017
- Skills training with an expert from the UK who spent 3 weeks in Gambia teaching our staff how to produce our high quality underwear. Our staff quickly improved by practicing a lot and sewing a lot of underwear.
- Skills training with an expert from the UK who spent 3 weeks in Gambia teaching our staff the basics of garment production; different types of fabrics, how to interpret professional sewing patterns, how to do fabric cutting and many other basic things.
- Facil Clothing registered as a company.